Robbe SEABEE arf..

Discussions related to float plane models.
retiredVTT

Robbe SEABEE arf..

Unread post by retiredVTT » Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:25 pm

We all have a few favorite aircraft that raise the hair on the back of your neck when they appear eith full scale or in model form.

One of my favorites is the SeaBee...full scale was the Republic SeaBee. It was even flown by "Bond, James Bond" in the movie "The Man with the Golden Gun". In model form, we have the Robbe SeaBee arf, shown in this link.

http://cms.robbe.com/products/fs_flugzeuge.php

The January 2010 issue of Fly RC..page 86 has a review of this model.

Here is a quote from the test flight of this 43" wingspan, 27 oz, foam model.

"The SeaBee adds one intriguing detail that I had not counted on. Some of the water flowing off the wing gets pulled through the prop, and the sound of the droplets hitting the prop is reminiscent of the bigger versions old Franklin missing a beat. Even better is the visual effect. The prop vaporizes these water drops and against a dark background, the resulting mist really looks as if the engine is blowing oil past the piston rings..!"

One other comment from the review.."unlike the original, this SeaBee has plenty of power.."

This ARF comes with motor, esc, and prop. The prop is only a 6/3 and power is listed as "just" 108 Watts or 71 watts/lb however clearance for the pusher is adequate for it to take a 7 inch prop.

The magazine lists this model at $US249.00

Bill
Attachments
P1001_1-3294.jpg
P1001_1-3294.jpg (4.36 KiB) Viewed 2246 times
Bill
HEFA #5
MAAC #13708

Enforcer

Re: Robbe SEABEE arf..

Unread post by Enforcer » Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:33 pm

Robbe... the company that makes the "yellow" Pitts bi-plane that Tony, Earl, and I bought from HobbyCity... the very "tough" yellow Pitts. :D Actually, I bought 2 of them!

When you get to the link that Bill posted above, do a search (Suchbegriff eingeben) on "seabee" to get to the plane. There is a nice little video on that page as well. Hmmmm... new plane maybe!!!! NO NO NO!!!!
Murray Wheten

“My philosophy, like color television, is all there in black and white”
Monty Python

retiredVTT

Re: Robbe SEABEE arf..

Unread post by retiredVTT » Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:48 pm

Yes, unfortunately this is another case where the link does not change as you surf through their products.

Here is the link to the video..looks great at the lake...a bit strange on SNOW..!

http://www.robbe.com/video.php/de_play- ... _ysize=576

Bill
Bill
HEFA #5
MAAC #13708