Electrifly Grumman Widgeon on order

Discussions related to float plane models.
lawndart

Electrifly Grumman Widgeon on order

Unread post by lawndart » Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:23 pm

It's been some time since my last post and I confess I haven't made it to Shannon Park even once in 2013. I hope everyone is doing well! Most of my flying in the last three years has been at our cottage on Little Mushamush Lake near Blockhouse so I'm not around too much. Boy the float flying section is quiet around here.

Speaking of Blockhouse, I just had Chris at RC Wings & Wheels place an order for me for a Great Planes Widgeon twin-engine flying boat:

Zee plane boss! Zee plane!

Must say I'm excited to add this to my hangar at the lake (joining a Seawind EP, Polaris, Coota and SuperCub on floats). I plan to power it with twin rctimer 3830-8 1300kv motors spinning counter-rotating three-blade 8x6's, and also intend to try some Lumifly nav lights. I put the $8 Hobbyking navigation light system on the Seawind and I can't think of a better looking, more effective and practical addition to any rc plane.

Anyone else have a Widgeon? Grateful for any and all useful set-up advice. I'll post again to this thread with some build info once everything arrives.

Dave
------d-a-v-e---------------- >}-

retiredVTT

Re: Electrifly Grumman Widgeon on order

Unread post by retiredVTT » Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:45 pm

Good to hear from you Dave...we definitely had you listed under the "missing column"..!

Action returned to Shannon last weekend.....a couple weeks previous we had a Fly-in off Porters Lake at Vic's house.

Indoor action resumes this Sat morning from 9 to noon at the Prospect Community Center.

We have a general membership meeting this Thursday evening at the Shearwater Museum..7pm

And Vic will head up a "combat build" covering 4 to 6 Thursday evenings, starting soon.

Other than that...it's pretty much been "same old, same old" as we work our way toward Spring and warmer temps...!

cheers,
Bill
Bill
HEFA #5
MAAC #13708

Metalhead

Unread post by Metalhead » Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:48 pm

Hi Dave,

nice plane!

I'm too chicken to fly off the water.....only one bounce...lol

Brian

lawndart

Unread post by lawndart » Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:07 pm

Brian, you should give water a try. At the lake the runway is smooth and flat in almost every direction, huge, and in most cases a lot softer when things go awry! Flying over hard ground makes me nervous nowadays. D
------d-a-v-e---------------- >}-